On 02/20/2014 09:58 AM, Uli wrote:
Am 20.02.2014 15:38, schrieb Kracked_P_P---webmaster:
On 02/20/2014 06:15 AM, Uli Geisler wrote:
Am 14.11.2013 16:12, schrieb Kracked_P_P---webmaster:

<snip>

GOOD,
hopefully by the time of 4.1.5 this issue will be solved.

4.1.4 comes out at the end of December and 4.1.5 in the first weeks of
February.

There are people who may not upgrade to the 4.1.x line, just because
4.0.x works fine for them.  Some people are still using 3.6.6 or other
earlier versions.

So until the 4.1.x line, or later the 4.2.x line, gets to where you like
it and it does what you want without any issues, I would keep using
4.0.6.

Tested also in 4.2.0.4, same problem, made a comment on bug 68467
"Other: Font (Frutiger family) is displayed wrong on Mac OS X"

Ul

Has anyone seen this font issue with Frutiger, or other fonts, on
Windows or Linux?  Is this just a Mac issue?
I'm working on Linux (Debian 7.4, Ubuntu 13.10, Opensuse 13.1)

I am asking this, since I have some packages that install several
Frutiger fonts [if I remember correctly] during their "standard" install
process.  I do not use Mac, so if anyone has seem this on Windows, or
Linux, then I will have to look into this.  To be honest, I tend to
remove unneeded fonts, like Frutiger, since I have too many "specialty"
fonts to keep in my font folders for "specialty" work.  Since I
currently do not use that font, I removed it.
I can't, cause I need it for my work...

I stated I have the "early 2000's" era fonts.  I do not remember if you
are using newer ones or not.  I just wonder if there are any differences
in the old versions of the font set, vs. the newer versions.
Mine is Version 6.4 from 2002...

Yes, there are people who require specific fonts for projects. I had to get an Adobe font library one year, from the people who required these fonts. I still have it, since they did not ask for them back. I really hope this issues get resolved properly for you. If it displays "off" but prints correct, then sometimes it may work for people. But if the fonts print out "off" then that is really bad.

Your version is a little newer than mine, it seems. I have had some problems with "quality" issues between different versions of some other fonts, that are in my "font library folders".

I use only XP, Win7, and Ubuntu 12.04LTS/MATE, at this time. Ubuntu is my desktop, with the others for laptops and other secondary systems.

By the way, what desktop environments do you use? I do not like Unity, so I use MATE to have the 10.04 feel on Ubuntu 12.04 and newer. Sometimes, I have heard form others, that some desktops may display the same document or package's "editing window" differently. I have not seen it with 10.04/GNOME and 11.xx, 12.04, and 13.xx with MATE desktop environment. But a few people I have email conversations with, a while ago, did tell me their desktop environment "issues". Of course, that was in the early late 3.x and early 4.0.x time frame.