Win XP is on the particular old machine I'm using.  No error message, just
doesn't seem to work properly.  Just an error beep, not a tone of specified
duration.  Since Win XP is scattered full of files named user32.dll, I
presume Libre was just picking up the wrong one.

Once I gave up on the example though, I went back to my own DLL code and
Basic program.  I finally got it to work if I put my DLL in the Libre "bin"
subdirectory.  Libre wouldn't find it when I placed the DLL in with my ODS
files as Excel would have.

Apparently I need to somehow tweak the Libre settings to make it look for
the DLL in the same subdirectory as my spreadsheet files.  Providing a fully
specified path name for the DLL in the Declare statement wasn't the answer.

Thanks.

Bill