Hi Nicolai,

nicolai.rostov@gmail.com schrieb:
Hello Regina,

A macro is an excellent idea. Let me see how I can do that.

Of cause you can write a "true" macro, but the needed operations are also available by the macro recorder. So you can use that tool.

First you have to enable the macro recorder.
(1) Goto Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Advanced. Check "Enable macro recording (limited)". OK

Some preparations.
(2)Right click the formatting toolbar, click item "Visible buttons", click on item "Line Spacing :2". Later you can deactivate it the same way.
(3)Open such plain text document.

Now record your actions
(4)Tools > Macros > Record Macros. Notice, that you get a little floating toolbar, where you later on can stop the recording.
(5)Crtl+A, to select the whole text
(6)Select a paragraph style from the drop down list, which has a serif font as default, for example "Text Body" or "Default Style". You should use a predefined style, so that it is always available.
(7)Click on the button "Line Spacing : 2".
(8)Click on right arrow key in the navigation block. That will remove selection.
(9)Click on "Stop recording".

Next actions will save the macro to your user directory. You get a dialog for organization of macros. The part My Macros > Standard > Module should already be selected. (10)In the field "Macro name" enter a name for the macro. This name is later on used as default label for the button.
(11)Click on button "Save".

Now we generate an easy access to the macro using a button.
(12) Right click the formatting toolbar, click item "Customize Toolbar". In the "Command" list click on that item, which you want to be left of the new button, click button "Add.." (13) In the "Category" list scroll down to the end. Open the + "LibreOffice Macros", "My Macros", "Standard", and "Module". (14) Now you should see your macros' name in the list "Commands". Click on it. Click button "Add". Click button "Close". (15) Look whether the macro name is at the desired position; you can move it up or down with the arrow buttons. To use a different label click button "Modify" and then item "Rename". At last click OK.
(16) Close your document without saving the changes.

Test your macro.
(17) Open a plain text document.
(18) Click on the new macro button.
Does it work?

Alternative/ In addition you can assign a shortcut to the macro.
(19) Tools > Customize > Keyboard
(20)~(13) In the "Category" list scroll down to the end. Open the + "LibreOffice Macros", "user", "Standard", and "Module". (21)~(14) Now you should see your macros' name in the list "Function". Click on it. (22) In the "Shortcut keys" list click on the desired shortcut, and then on button "Modify". OK.

If you are curious, how the macro looks like: Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > LibreOffice Basic. Select your macro and click on button "Edit".

Kind regards
Regina