Em 14-02-2014 12:42, Tom Davies escreveu:
Hi :)
i think it's usually the other way around!  Companies hire a dev or
few and then give them the task of working on LibreOffice.  in the Uk
we sometimes describe it by saying they are "on secondment" although
that's possibly only in the military.

Your company hires your own devs (perhaps part-time?) and tells them
what to work on.  They would still need to do 1 or 2 of the "Easy
hacks" to help familiarise them with the rest of the team (which
comprises of many devs "on secondment" from many different companies
along with individual volunteers working for no reward).  The paid
devs could be directed to work on other projects or to split their
time between LO and other projects.

Hello and tks for replying.

Actually, I just need one specifc enhancement implemented. So I think it's not the case of hiring someone for a long time, but just for a "bug fix". It's a one-time job only.

There are "cloud sourcing" sites where people promise to pay a much
smaller amount for a specific bug to be fixed or for a specific
feature to be added.  If several people offer rewards for the same bug
or feature then it might add up to quite a decent amount.  Even if you
are the first to offer a reward then it might start to attract other
people's attention.

Yes, I've opened both the repot in the bug tracker and also a entry on bountysource. But it seems it would only be addressed if someone funds it.

Regards from
Tom :)

Thanks!

On 14 February 2014 14:18, Daniel A. Rodriguez