Hi :)
I got this message off-list.  It doesn't seem to have anything
controversial or confidential so i'm sending it back to the mailing
list.  Please use "Reply to all" rather than just "Reply".  If the
message goes to just 1 person they might not be around for a while and
no-one else can check the quality or accuracy of their/my answers.

So, it's Win7 having problems opening documents and the LibreOffice
program itself suddenly (as in it had worked previously).  A reinstall
of LibreOffice (well, an upgrade of LO) didn't fix the problem.  The
machine is being rebooted.

Could it be something weird in the User Profile for LO?  It seems VERY
unlikely to me.  The symptom of "sudden onset and worked fine
previously" usually suggests that to me but the result seems VERY
unlikely.  I'm hoping the reboot fixed it!
Regards from
Tom :)