Lotto.ods <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4096842/Lotto.ods>

Brian and other interested folk

Thanks for the formula! I am going to need a few days to see how it works,
but it certainly has promise, however I cannot see the different sheets that
the ods file contains.

Remember: There is one sheet for the tickets purchased, another sheet for
the draw results.
The background colour of a number on the tickets sheet is going to change
colour if it is the same as any number shown on the corresponding date of
the draw sheet.

Have a look at the file attached via Nabble for a better view, and no
misunderstandings.

Ascertain  if on a certain date on the Tickets sheet, on the same date in
the corresponding draw sheet, if any of the numbers match. If so colour the
cell background of each matching number on that same date via conditional
formatting.

Example with fictitious data:
Ticket sheet
01/02/2014 02  05  07  35  37  39

Draw sheet
01/02/2014 37  07  09  35  05  16

Therefore the cells on the Ticket sheet holding the numbers 07, 35, 05 would
have a background colour that is not white :) If the 6th number on the
ticket and in the draw is the same the cell background needs to be a
different colour to the others.
This indicates to me that I have won some cash.

Hopefully this clarifies matters a bit and hope others can use the
attachment.