On 02/10/2014 09:52 PM, Luc Saffre wrote:
On 10/02/14 21:38, Jay Lozier wrote:
Reviewing the archive, I did not see if it was solved. I believe Ubuntu
primarily uses Python 2.7.5 not Python 3.3.4 for their system. The
easiest way to check is to enter python in terminal and see which
version is reported.

Python3 is available in the Ubuntu repositories.
Yes, Python2 remains the default because many important projects did not
yet migrate from 2 to 3.

Maybe I was not clear: I need to run Appy POD which requires Uno and
Python 2 (not 3), and according to
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg35255.html it seems
that this is not possible on Ubuntu 13.10 (in a reasonably easy way).

For the moment I am still on Ubuntu 13.10, everything works very well
except for this "little" detail. But this little detail is a serious
problem for me, and it might force me to go back to a previous version
of Ubuntu.

I could not find out whether the problem is rather in LibreOffice or
rather in Ubuntu, but I posted this here because the mentioned thread
indicates that here are people who know about it, and I hope for help or
hints to solve this problem.

Luc

Luc

According to https://pypi.python.org/pypi/appy.pod is written in Python 2.4. AFAIK, is should run on the Python 2.7.5 interpreter correctly which is installed on Ubuntu. The only issue I see with the older version of Python is the possibility of features deleted in Python 2.7.5 being used by appy.pod. I would check with www.python.org to see if there are any issues.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com