Hi :)
From the sounds of it the 4.2.0 might have addressed some of these
concerns, at least on Windows.

However i thought that the User Profile kept a lot of the users
settings and configurations and that the User Profile could be copied
or shared between users or even over a network.  A new install of
LibreOffice doesn't touch the User Profile except to add stuff for new
features.

Part of the joy of using OpenSource is surely that reasonably sized
companies can employ their own devs, even if it's very part-time or
for just a couple of months, and still make a huge saving on costs vs
MS license fees.  For smaller companies it might be possible to offer
rewards through crowd-sourcing/funding.  This sort of approach gives
companies the ability to target specific areas.

Also there seem to be a lot of lurking lurgies that Sun and then
Oracle were completely disinterested in solving but have already been
solved by TDF or are on the way, or could easily be started without
being blocked by the company that owns LibreOffice.  Similarly with
Apache OpenOffice although LibreOffice seems to be developing far
faster.  If a 6 year-old problem has not yet been solved then maybe
post it as a new problem in LibreOffice because it's difficult to pick
through old bugs that might have been solved already just through
doing the code-cleanup

Regards from
Tom :)  .