On 01/26/14 11:29, Brian Barker wrote:
At 00:54 25/01/2014 -0500, James Lockie wrote:
I have 2 questions related to charts.  Say I have 2 columns: date and value  2 Rows "Jan, 1" and
"Mar 3".

Q1. I want the x-axis to increment by month.
Q2. I want to only display the x-axis labels for the data points I have.

I don't this problem is particularly well defined.  You mean the first of January and the third
of March - right? - not January 2001 (or 1901?) and March 2003?  Do you want your January and
March values to be located for their month generally (as if for the Ides of March, maybe) or for
their actual dates?  You say you will have some months missing, but what happens if you have two
entries for one month?

I figured out Q1, I just wanted the x-axis to increment by 1 month.
The option wasn't there before but I recompiled LO and now resolution is there.
The only change I made was "Resolution" and LO thinks the document has not changed and won't let me
save it.l

Q2 is in regards to the bubble help you see when you hover the mouse over a point on the graph.
It shows "Jan 2001" instead of "Jan 21 2001".
I have no idea how I changed that.

I apologize for the double post, I wasn't subscribed so I subscribed and reposted.
I didn't think the first one would post.