Hi :)
I think open 2 bug-reports?  One for the case where Calc is open and
the other for when it isn't.  I have a feeling that there are 2
separate problems there.

One is that LibreOffice needs to be recognised by Win7 as the default
app for opening documents.  There might be additional problems there
depending on the specific coding for the specific button.  If the
button's coding specifies Excel then that is going to be a tad
difficult for our devs to solve unless given permission (and
incentive) to work on the 3rd party button.

The other is the slow-down leading to an open Calc becoming
greyed-out.  That sounds like something our devs might be able to work
on and might possibly fall within our remit and therefore probably not
require additional incentives.

You are clearly talking about some sort of company with all this.  Do
you have your own developer(s)?  If so could they work with devs fom
other organisations (and volunteers) under TDF's umbrella to fix this
1 (or 2) tasks?
Regards from
Tom :)

On 21 January 2014 10:59, Gianmarco.bertella