On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Ernest Dale <ernest.dale18@gmail.com>wrote:

I run an important database on Lotus Approach and I have found that
Approach will not install on a fresh version of Windows.
To surmount the problem I have downloaded Libre Office and attempted to
transfer the database on to it. I appear to have succeeded but the result
is what looks like a spreadsheet and I cannot find a way to display one
record at a time.
I am pretty computer savvy even though ninety years of age. I could do with
a simpler manual than the one I have found on the web which is hundreds of
pages long and I cannot copy the sections which look as thought they might
be helpful. Can you help?
Ernest Dale
ernest.dale18@gmail.com

Ernest,

Since Approach used the dBase file format as its default, did you import
the data using the LO dBase import filter? If you did, it's likely that you
imported it into LO Calc, which is a spreadsheet program. You can open the
spreadsheet in LO Base, but it will be read-only.

Please let us know the operating system us are using and the version of LO
you are using, along with more details, such as whether you really need the
capabilities of a relational database and the kind of reports you need to
produce.