Thank You for  your help!

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Davies [mailto:tomcecf@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 6:52 AM
To: Ed Konopki; users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] (libreoffice-users) access data fron 2nd
spreadsheet to use on 1st spreadsheet

Hi :)
Your email only got to me off-list but doesn't appear to have anything
confidential so i'm forwarding it back to the mailing list.
Annoyingly this mailing list now needs people to use "Reply to all" or
"Group Reply" rather than just "Reply" otherwise the list doesn't see the
to jump in when they realise something useful worth adding.

I've no idea about packages/programs designed for assessing insurance values
(errr, or whatever the task is for).  Given my lack of knowledge of the
insurance industry i would go with GnuCash or i might try to make a
"relational database" in Base.

However since this is a "one off" task it might be easier to use
spreadsheets, this time.  I think some sort of copy&pasting between sheets
or formulae such as (in cell A1 on sheet 3 (as an example);
=Sheet2.A1
to pull in the value from sheet 2.  You might do some operations on that
figure or include it in a formula.

This guide might help you get to grips with spreadsheets
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_C
alc_Guide

Regards from
Tom :)