Just a follow up. This worked with one extra step. After creating the
column as function LOWER(cell content) the resulting column is all
functions and would not filter. By copying over as text it then filtered
correctly. (Probably and easier way to do this, but it was quick and
simple). The extra columns are easily discarded or hidden.
Thanks for the workaround. Actually quite simple. I should have thought
of it.
Ciao
Leon

On 01/16/2014 08:18 AM, Brian Barker [via Document Foundation Mail