I think you could significantly improve the compression on the odt docs.

tar -c dir | xz -4 -e >> file.tar.xz

16,760 tar.xz
21,919 odt

76.46334230576213%

If you were really crazy you could use a custom filter chain to knock off
an additional 0.4927232081755619%.

xz -k -C sha256 --lzma2=dict=64MiB,lc=4,lp=0,pb=0,mf=bt4,mode=normal,\
nice=273,depth=500 file.tar

75.97061909758656%

16,652 tar.xz

And it only takes my system (64bit 3.2 GHz,)

real 0m0.399s
user 0m0.248s
sys 0m0.148s

to complete the above custom filter chain task so it can't be that hard
for an older system to do.

The file I tested this on was a very old file from before I knew much
about computers. I created it because intranet explioter can't manage to save
wiki pages and I was most interested in saving the file on how to create a level.
So it should be freely reditributable and I include it for the interseted.

It's decompressed size is

213,906 bytes

Yielding

10.247024393892644% odt

and

7.7847278711209595% tar.xz

for the custom filter chain.

I think a savings of about 25% is worth looking into.