On 01/06/2014 05:02 PM, P.J. Koeleman wrote:
Kracked_P_P---webmaster,

12 page calendar - now A4 paper size and no holidays".

So let me know what you think of these calendars.
This weekend I have made my own version of a calendar created in Calc.
Because I do not like hard-coded solutions.

Completely configurable in any language, with its own holidays etc.

For an A4 version <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_KxxxP2us0mbVNoYlJiUDlfcUE/edit?usp=sharing>

Especially for users in the USA an Legal version
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_KxxxP2us0mMFZEczQwYmhDT2M/edit?usp=sharing>

Try it out and give me a response.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Piet Jan Koeleman.

If I was to do a calendar from scratch, Calc would be my choice as well. I would do one sheet per month, though.

But for some, they might want to print out several months at a time or make the whole year a single PDF file. That is why I choose to start with a .doc template.

I am currently working on making the "Monday as the first day of the week" A4 paper size version. There are no holidays, since I do not think it is up to me to add them for other countries.

It can easily be changed to other languages, since all you have to do is change the names of the days of the week and the names of the months to what they are called in the non-English languages.

That is the key, really. How easy would the calendar file/template be able to be modified for the users language, if they are using it as a template to make their own language version of the calendar.

Actually, I did not even know that most of the world used Monday as the first day of the week, until I was told that the other nations do not use the USA's religious calendar where Sunday is the first day and the 7th day [when God rested in many religions] would be Saturday. So I had to work on modifying my LO themed calendar to "Monday first", plus make it work better for the A4 paper size than my other version[s] were.

The real key to these posts/threads is the fact that there are people from several areas of the world working on different versions of LO themed calendars that our users could download and use. As soon as we find a place to list them all, then we will have a good selection of calendars to choose from. Look at MSO's calendar download page. Right now there are few 2014 calendars all made with Publisher it looks like], but they had a lot of variety of 2013 calendars. I would like to see LO users work on making a large variety of 2014 calendars to share with all of our users, and a place for them to be displayed - with thumbnails - side by side.

.