Hello, my name is Alexander , at the moment I am a programmer in OGAOU SPO " Belgorod College of
industry and services " , country: Russia , city of Belgorod.

I want to introduce into commercial operation institution package LibreOffice as an alternative
package of MS Office, in order to move to the format ODF, which in our country is a national fixed
state standard ( ISO / IEC 26300-2010 . Came into force on June 1, 2011 ) . However ,
implementation of this project gives me concerns about the advisability of this step for the
following reasons :

I know in many business organizations and educational institutions was an attempt to introduce
LibreOffice and OpenOffice, but they all failed. Even where people were friendly to the use of
these products later returned to the MS Office package due to the low quality software LibreOffice
and OpenOffice ( because of the continuing occurrence of bugs and endless expectations of new
releases in which errors have not been corrected ), the appearance artifacts for viewing and
printing of documents created in MS Office and other non- ODF (Open Document Format). In general,
the situation is that there is a standard but actually exists only on paper , in addition to MS
Office 2013 support is implemented ODF, which makes it even more attractive to use.

In my opinion , free software does not justify its poor quality. Many IT professionals and PC users have an
opinion about LibreOffice and OpenOffice as a " shitty " software, which can not be used in the
workplace.

In contrast to system administrators trying to implement packages LibreOffice or OpenOffice, I am a
professional programmer and familiar with the process of software development. In my opinion the
industrial application package LibreOffice is possible, but subject to personal contact with the
immediate developers package their interest in creating a quality product and responsiveness to the
comments , suggestions for improvement and immediate response on the error of the package , as well
as providing operational fixes without having to wait for the official release. I believe that
developers care about their product and frankly, I know that in the case to contact technical
support patches can wait for years , and a direct appeal to the developer can take it to cure is
not more than 15 minutes .

My idea is to introduce a distinctive package LibreOffice is in close interaction directly with the
developers and their interest in this cooperation .

As a result of successful implementation , the package will have the right to life and begin to be
implemented in other educational institutions of Russia ( as exists between educational institutions
experience exchange program , usually a methodological associations ) , as well information about the
successful implementation of the same will go to the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation and
respectively wave on other ministries. This collaboration will raise the quality of software , as it will be
used in the work (in the " battle" conditions and not on the bench) .

Waiting for your reply on this proposal and look forward to working ...

Alexander.