Part of this Font FAQ was discussed in another thread.

It would be a very good idea to have the "language settings" information, and the associated fonts, listed in a wiki page [for now] so our users who use both Latin and non-Latin based languages would have an easier time setting up their package for those languages.

There was a discussion of adding more fonts to the install of LO. It was suggested that there could be a section/page[s] somewhere showing a list of good free fonts that has the needed languages and how to use them [i.e. set up to use them] with LO to write documents in those languages.

There are many fonts out there that work well for Thai and other non-Latin based writings, but sometimes it may be difficult for our users to find the "proper" fonts and set up LO to use them for their documents. Having a list of free fonts and the languages they support [graph or table] could be very helpful to some of our users.

Also, having an explanation on how to set up the language options in LO would be a very good idea at the top of such a list of fonts. This thread seems to indicate that more work in needed to make the setup of different non-Latin based languages within an LO install is needed. How do I get my document to work with the language and be about to edit and print the document correctly using that language.

Having the list of fonts that include the Thai language scripts/glyphs hopefully was helpful to the user. If we could expand the list into some type of table where the rows are the free fonts [maybe paid one that came with the OS] and the columns are the languages supported within the fonts, it may help guide our user to which fonts work well for which languages.

If you are a English and French speaking person that is learning a non-Latin based language, having a list of fonts that support that language is a needed item.

To be honest, I do not use any other language but my native English. But if we get LO in schools/colleges, the students will need to use LO to write in other Latin and non-Latin based languages, while using English for the menus. Having both simple and detailed information on how to set up LO to support all of these languages would be very helpful. Having a documentation, like the solution in this thread, showing the user how to set up a non-Latin based language to be used by the user can be very important to the user. It seems that the current documentation may not be where it is needed, if this thread is any indication. But we can always make it better within the wiki page environment.