At 14:57 08/12/2013 -0800, Frank "CVAlkan" Oberle wrote:
In BUG#34436, someone suggested using Shift+Enter, which seemed like an easier thing to do while in the course of attempting to write, but the text entered in that fashion is always centered, and I tried everything I could think of to get it left justified to no avail. So no dice. Even so, I don't understand why the Enter key would need to be shifted for this.

Shift+Enter creates a line break (whereas Enter creates a paragraph break). So you are giving your text the appearance of separate paragraphs whilst keeping it all as a single paragraph as far as Writer is concerned.

To avoid centring, select the text and set Format | Paragraph... | Alignment | Text-to-text | Alignment (or right-click | Paragraph... | Alignment | Text-to-text | Alignment) to Bottom.

Brian Barker