On 2013-12-02 08:41, jomali wrote:
On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Robert Baker <korax1214@gmail.com> wrote:

Version: 4.1.3.2
Build ID: 70feb7d99726f064edab4605a8ab84
0c50ec57a

Libre Office Writer:

The ability to draw and erase lines in tables is missing, hence for
instance it is not possible (that I know of) to use Writer to create an
echelon table such as a table of dominoes (see attached image for an
example of what I mean), even though Writer will correctly load such a
document created in Word.

Very easy to do. Remove all borders from the table, then use the borders
button to apply borders to each cell you want to outline.

Libre Office Calc:

The END key functionality is not implemented correctly; pressing END causes
an immediate jump to the last active column of the current spreadsheet.
What is *supposed* to happen is that END acts as a shift key; pressing END
and then an arrow key causes one of the following to happen:

1) If currently on a non-empty cell, move to the last non-empty cell in the
current block in the direction pressed.

2) If currently on an empty cell, move to the next non-empty cell in that
direction; or if there are none, to the start/end a appropriate.

True if Excel is your standard of "correct implementation". The LO
implementation is different. You can find out the LO implementation by
looking up "Shortcut Keys" in help.

It is not possible to edit an Excel template (.xlt); attempting to do so
causes a new document to be created based on the template. If trying to
open a template, rather than explicitly requesting a new document, one
should be asked whether editing the template itself, or a new document
based on it, is what is required.

That is correct functionality. The point of creating a template is to not
have it editable, rather to have it open to a new document. When it does
so, edit the new document and save it over the old template, if that is
what you want to do.

And I think once you have "saved as" once over the template, LO you are editing the template and you can continue to edit and save the template with just the save.
Steve