Le 29/11/2013 18:05, support@engineered-solutions.us a écrit :

Hi,

I've looked for a configuration issue that might affect it, but it puzzles me since table and query
operations work fine, why the form would adopt such an odd behavior.

Anyone able to offer a suggestion what to look for to solve this.  My efforts to search for a
solution have come up empty so far.

The controls of your form are bound to your underlying data source, but they can be configured to have their own attributes (limited formatting options, length, etc). These are properties of the control, and there is a configuration option for the form in general set by default which forces the user to respect those properties.

In any given control, you should set the MaxTextLength property to 0 - this tells the control to take the length defined in the underlying database. Additionally, you can try unsetting the Advanced properties option in the database by right mouse button clicking on any of the table, query, or report entries and choosing Database > Advanced Properties, and unselecting the check that data entry correspond to form definition (I don't have the exact English wording here at the moment, as I'm on a French system).

If these don't work, then it might be a bug, although I haven't encountered this one in a long time (it was something that cropped up in OpenOffice.org several years ago).

Alex