On 11/13/2013 11:45 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
On 11/13/2013 04:51 PM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
Could someone point me toward extension dictionaries related to
medical or
engineering terminology?  I seem to remember there being several on the
extensions page but can't find much now.

Thanks, Tom

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/openmedspel-en-us

Seems like that might do it for medical dictionary - engineering I
wasn't able to find quickly.

Best,
Joel

This is the most "generic" dictionary in LO's extension site that I
know.  IT contains medical, chemical, and other scientific words in its
797,865 word list.

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/american-british-canadian-spelling-hyphen-thesaurus-dictionaries

This is the Australian medical dictionary

http://libreoffice-na.us/English-4.1-installs/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/Australian-medical-dict---en-au-med____2008-07-01.oxt

This is the US version

http://libreoffice-na.us/English-4.1-installs/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/English-US-Medical-openmedspel____April-22-2008.oxt

This is a Chemistry Dictionary.

http://libreoffice-na.us/English-4.1-installs/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/Chemistry_Dictionary__technical_chemistry_words--ChemDictOOo____2011-01-07.oxt

This is a very large list of dictionaries.  You might want to look at
this list sometime,

http://libreoffice-na.us/English-4.1-installs/dictionary.html

OR look at the LO Extension page for their dictionaries [link here] or
any of the other extensions it lists.

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center?getCategories=Dictionary&getCompatibility=any&sort_on=positive_ratings&path=%2FLibreOffice-Extensions-and-Templates%2Fextension-center&portal_type=PSCProject&SearchableText=