Dear all

Thanks to Jay for solving this for me and thanks to Don for your contribution which will make interesting reading

Solved

Stephen Constantinou

On 08/11/13 20:27, Jay Lozier wrote:
On Fri, 2013-11-08 at 20:04 +0000, Write Me wrote:

Good evening and greeting from rainy London, UK

I am using Linux Mint 13 Maya / 3.2.0-23-generic

I have just uninstalled LibreOffice 3.6, using Synaptic.  All went well.

I have installed LibreOffice 4.1.3.2 ,manually.  All went well. No error
messages or conflicts mentioned in the terminal.

Specifically these files in the order stated:
1) LibreOffice_4.1.3.2_Linux_x86_deb
2) LibreOffice_4.1.3.2_Linux_x86_deb_langpack_en-GB
3) LibreOffice_4.1.3.2_Linux_x86_deb_helppack_en-GB

However I am very dissatisfied with the text in the user interface.
While I think the text font is still Arial or some such sans serif font
it is to squashed up close together.  The distance between letters in
the same word is nothing and so the letters touch each other.  I have
attached a screen shot.  I hope this is OK I went looking for rules
about posting and could not see a mention of attachments.

The text in the user interface is too hard to read and is very ugly.

The same problem exists in Writer, Calc, Draw, and Impress.  Making the
whole of LibreOffice too hard to use.

I regret this installation as I will not enjoy using it with the text as
it is.

Any help appreciated

Stephen

Stephen,

Look under TOOLS >> OPTIONS >> LIBREOFFIC >> VIEW. There you will see
the settings used for the LO UI. "Use System Fonts..." is probably
selected. You can change the system fonts in the Cinnamon Settings >>
Appearance >> Fonts

Jay