Well, I stated in a different thread that I had an issue with 4.1.2 with
the font drop-down list of fonts to change some highlighted text to.

The 4.1.2 was for Calc and a 4 page sheet.

Well, I now have had it go wacko with 4.0.5.  Though I had a 44 page
Writer document that I wanted to change the default font to a "fixed
width" one.

What happens is as I scroll down the font list with either the mouse on
the scroll bar or using the down arrow, I get down to the 10th or 12th
font name and the list "pops" back to the starting position.

Now, if I go to the Format Character and choose the font from that
dialog box, I have no trouble, except that fact that I cannot see what
the font looks like in the list, like you see in the toolbar that has
the font list in it.

SO, in the 4.1.2 Calc, it happened with a select all for about 4 printed
pages, but it did not with 4.0.5 Writer for 4 or 5 pages of a text
document.  But when I needed to do a select all for the 44 page document
and change the font, it had the problem.  I know that I have used the
select all with a 40 or 50 page document in the past with earlier
versions, but this now seems to be an issue with the 4.0.5 and 4.1.2
versions.

I have not yet updated to 4.0.6 or tested 4.1.3 to see if the problem is
still there.

So it is now happening with Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit LO ver 4.0.5 [Writer],
and 4.1.2 [Calc].

Of course I have a lot of fonts installed in the .font folder.  But I
have had a similar number +/- 30 or 40 fonts for the past 2-3 years.