Hi Gabriel,
  I have LibreOffice 4.1.3.2 Calc opening and printing spreadsheets again a short time ago.  I
might have had 2 or 3 problems causing this.  The last problem I solved this afternoon was PDFs did
not print.  I found this out using the Gnumeric spreadsheet program which can open .ods files.
Gnumeric uses PDFs as print previews and on my computer they open in Adobe Reader.  I found my
printer no longer worked with Adobe Reader after the upgrade to Windows 8.1.  After removing the
Samsung ML-2955ND printer and 4 or 5 tries installing to get the test page to print I was in
business.  On a whim yesterday I removed the multiple versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 & 2008
Redistributable that had been installed by programs and only kept the most recent.  That allowed me
this morning to open a spreadsheet a couple of times out of a few attempts without freezing though
both tries to print froze Calc.  I also gave full security access yesterday to
 the 4 users (I only have 1 user/login) which might or might not have had anything to do with this.
Thanks for your help

Alan