On 11/03/2013 09:16 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
I need to create several daily reports on some processes I'm overseeing,
and entering all that data into the Calc spreadsheet is cumbersome - the
report resembles of a tax-return/invoice sheet, where various fields
need to be populated - and I'm looking for a way to automate this.

In which form do you get the data? Perhaps there is nothing like XML
needed, but you can import the data directly.

Well, since I'm getting the data, I can put them in anything I like,
more or less. I just think I remember seeing the XML, that's why I
mentioned it...

Do you want to write macros for Calc or do you want to use another
application that manipulates the .ods file source?

I don't know :) Actually, anything that gets the job done.
If I remember correctly that blog post, author was not mentioning a
separate application, nor modifying the .ods source. But I really do not
remember at this time, that's why I'm asking for a suggestion.

The reason I can't use CSV is because the report is funky-formated -
parts of it can be CVSed, but most of the document can not.

        Mario