On 11/02/2013 10:28 AM, william drescher wrote:
On 10/31/2013 8:14 AM, william drescher wrote:
I need to print some 3x5 inch cards across the narrow side.  This
would be "portrait" on each card.  The Avery Letter Size 5386
label has 3 cards stacked on top of each other: eg the cards are
landscape on a page that is portrait.

When I load the template and switch the page to landscape,
instead of just rotating the page and template, LO rotates the
page but leaves the template as is.  The result is that I have 2
- 3x5 cards on the first page, and 1 on the next page, all in
landscape orientation.

I know I could just rotate the text 90 degrees, but that is a bit
hard to read :-)

I can build my own template, but does anyone have other
suggestions ?

bill

Thanks everybody.  To get the task done I created a page with 3
frames.  I tried a table, but the table auto-adjusted the bottom when
I typed in too much and I did not notice.  With the frame I get the
red arrow that lets me know.
I tried columns, but the text should NOT flow from 1 to the next.

bill

I use Columns, and make sure no text overflows.
Sometimes Frames work for me, while other times they do not.

Whatever way works best for YOU is the way you should do it.

To be honest, the easiest way for me is just to print out on blank 3x5
cards I can buy for a lot less money than the 3 cards per sheet type of
paper.  But, you need a printer that can handle 3x5 cards.  Most that
have a borderless photo option, and photo paper tray, should be able to
print 3x5 cards.