CVAlkin,
Running Slackware Linux 14.0 (K3.2.29) and using Firefox 17.0.8.
I just got on to the Libreoffice.org website and downloaded both the main and helppack RPM tarballs for v4.1.3 with no problem.

I notice that they added torrent options. Are you sure you are not clicking on the "torrent" link, which requires bittorrant to download. I don't know what your browser may do with a ".torrent" file rather than an http file. There are 3 links in each of the download blocks. Make sure you are clicking on the top line, which is the RPM tarball link, not the "torrent" or "Info" links on the second line.

HTTP ERROR 504:   http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E504.html
Note that I understand some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) hinder or prevent bittorrant files. Maybe yours does. I suggest trying the regular tarball, not the torrant file and see what it does for you.

HTH.
Girvin Herr