Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2013 Archives by date, by thread · List index

(2013/10/29 12:32), Steve Edmonds wrote:

On 2013-10-29 16:04, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
(2013/10/29 2:06), Tim Deaton wrote:
Did you zip up the html file and the subdirectory containing the images as one operation? And did your settings also save the relative path of the subdirectory?

If you zipped the html file, and then went to the subdirectory and zipped the files there (even into the same zip file), the zip file would then not have the relative relationship info needed. The same failure would happen if you zipped it all at once, but had the setting to save the relative path turned off.

-- Tim

On 10/28/2013 8:31 AM, Jay Lozier wrote:
On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 18:58 +0900, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
Good evening from Japan
Maybe I did ask a similar question before ...

I wrote a book using Writer which I am now trying to upload to Kindle.

The instructions say, I must save the file as html and then create a zip
file from the html file + the images.
"Save as ... html" creates a content file and a whole long list of files
for the images.
I am afraid, I am not following you.
"save the relative path of the subdirectory" ...
Where and how am I supposed to do that.
This morning I tried to
* save the Writer file as html
* copy the created/indexed image files into a separate folder (like the "Word procedure")
* zipped both.
But nowhere I can see any setting/check boxes etc. (including options -> paths) where I can set a relative path ...
And the uploaded zip file again gives the same error.
So does the zip file created with Word for that matter
Have you tried saving the document from LO as a .doc and uploading that to Amazon. They say tey accept .doc format.
For the HTML documents there is information here

It seems fairly specific but may not align with the default formatting produced by LO.


Thank you.
I tried to save the LO file as .doc -> save as html etc.
1) Got the same error that I got for the LO file ..
2) the Word file obtained from saving the ODF file as .doc looked rather messed up! Standard fonts in headings like Times Roman being replaced by fonts I have never seen before, German characters being dirty black patches ... I would have to redo the entire file to make it looke at lease half way acceptable.
I have not yet tried to upload the Word file directly,
but I would like to believe, there is a more elegant way ...

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.