I just updated to LO 4.1.2 (English US) on Intel Mac OS X 10.7.5 and
the parentheses mapping for Hebrew text seems to be broken. When I
switch the input language to Hebrew, the parentheses are reversed when
I use the Times New Roman font... However, some Hebrew fonts appear to
be working properly.

Could this be a continuation of this problem:
http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/18912/bidirectional-text-and-clo
sing-bracket-bug/

The most logical way to map the parenthesis is that the button 9
should give a left parenthesis and the button 0 should give a right
parenthesis, regardless of OS input language, document language, or
text direction. This is the way Hebrew behaves in other Mac
applications such as TextEdit and Mail...

Please advise whether this bug is able to be fixed, and if there is
anything I can do on my install to fix it.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Best regards,

Gabriel Kaufman

Here is my current experience with LO 4.1.3.1 under Windows, using a
physical US keyboard layout (so "left-parenthesis" is physically
located at "shift+9" and "right-parenthesis" is located at
"shift+zero"):

1_ Visual or Logical CTL settings don't affect the "displayed"
result.

2_ With the alignment set to left-to-right (ctrl+shit+A in LO
Writer):
2.1_ keyboard layout set to US-English, OK
2.2_ keyboard layout set to HE-English, OK
2.3_ keyboard layout set to HE-HE, parenthesis inverted: pressing
shift+9 shows the parenthesis that is seen over the zero in the
physical US keyboard, and vice versa.

3_ With the alignment set to right-to-left (ctrl+shit+D in LO
Writer):
3.1_ keyboard layout set to US-English, parenthesis inverted.
3.2_ keyboard layout set to HE-English, parenthesis inverted.
3.3_ keyboard layout set to HE-HE, OK.

I am not sure which behavior should be exactly the "adequate" one,
specially when I see that changing the CTL settings between "Visual"
and "logical" doesn't seem to affect the result. In any case, this
seems to be a bug and should be reported.

Regards,
Ady.