Hello,

I've been having problems with certain type of *references* in Calc.

For example, the formula "sum(1:2)" works correctly in other
spreadsheet software, but it errors in Calc.

The most problematic cases are related to functions such as
"indirect()", "address()" and the like. For example, the following
formula "should" tell whether a number in "A1" is prime or not:

=SUMPRODUCT(1*(MOD(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&INT(A1^0.5))))=0))=1

but Calc doesn't seem to accept the type of reference
("ini_row:fin_row"). Instead I have to add a "column" to the
reference, as in:

=SUMPRODUCT(1*(MOD(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("a1:a"&INT(A1^0.5))))=0))=1

to make it work in Calc.

There are several settings that affect the way Calc parses and shows
some type of cell references, so I wonder whether there is some
setting that I should change for Calc to be able to accept this type
of references ("ini_row:fin_row"), or whether this is some kind of
bug or lack of a feature.

A similar issue happens with column-only references, such as
"sum(A:B)".

To be clear, I'm not saying that row-only (or column-only) references
are better in any way. I'm just trying to make them work as in (a.k.a
"compatible with") other spreadsheet software.

If there is a better place (mailing list, irc, forum,...) to ask this
question, please let me know.

TIA,
Ady.