I actually made a template for this back in the day, it automates the process, might work for you:

http://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/loanannuity-calculator-amortization

All the best,
Joel

On 10/08/2013 09:46 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
I use Writer daily, but practically never use Calc, so I am pretty
helpless. Now I have a problem that calls for a spreadsheet;
actually, a script or plug-in or something to Calc.

The problem is that I need to calculate an amortization chart for a
loan of regular payments with an odd number of months, where the
interest is calculated monthly rather than on a daily basis. When the
loan was first made the term was supposed to be 300 months, but the
amount of the payment was miscalculated, so the borrower has been paying
slightly more. Using an HP-12C (yes, I still have one, and it still
works!) I find that it will amortize in slightly less than 299 months.
In order to find the true balance at any given time a custom chart must
be created.

I tried online services, but they cannot handle a mess like this. I
also tried Google Docs, but I can't find even basic help information,
like how to write <balance> x 045 / 12, or how to make the expression
do the calculation.

I could do this manually in Calc, one row at a time (ugh!), but I was
hoping that there existed a script or something that would set it up
for me and do all the calculations. I tried the LO extensions web page,
but couldn't find anything.

Any ideas or suggestions?