Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2013 Archives by date, by thread · List index

To Whom it May Concern,

Trying to download and install the latest Windows version of LibreOffice from a machine in the UK running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Using the standard process for downloading from the download page the LibreOffice install file came as a *.MAN file. Clearly this would not install. When I changed the filename to *.msi it would install. My friend, who was actually trying to do the install before he called me out, would have no idea about doing this and there were no instructions to do this on the Installation Instructions web page.

Thinking this was a problem with Internet Explorer I tried again with the Opera browser on my own system. Exactly the same thing happened. Even though the link looked like an .msi file it actually came as a .MAN file!

I am letting you know so you can address what I consider is a serious fault and obstruction to getting users to switch to LibreOffice from other Office software.

Thank you.


To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.