Hi :)
The Faqs on the wiki are nearly complete.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq

The Base one was completed so long ago that it might need some revisions to it now.  It's not
always possible to avoid using version numbers even though using version numbers quickly dates a
page.  Some of the General and Writer sections might also need a bit of revising but all the rest
is very fresh and new.

Sophie, from the French Team (i think team leader (as well as being one of the top people in the
international translators team and a founder member of TDF as a whole)), has been working hard over
the last couple of weeks/months to translate the Faq from the French original (i think mostly
written by our Alex Thurgood if i remember correctly).  Other people have also put in some hard
work but it was the sustained efforts of just a few people that has really driven this through, as
is often the case.

So, hopefully the Faq retains a little flavour of French.  It might need smoothing out into the
type of English you might hear in common usage (please no "Yo"s tho!) .  It's likely to be
excellent as is though and a hint of Frenchness is occasionally aspired to in other places in order
to sound more exotic and posh.

Anyway, the job is done for Writer, Calc and Base so it might help us answer questions by giving us
a repository of easy links to back-up our assertions.
Good luck all and happy skim-reading! :)
Regards from
Tom :)

________________________________
 Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Proofreading FAQs

There is a a good FAQ starting at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq

It was originally created by the French Team, in French. The
translations into English are continuing, but most of it is complete.
One major use of the FAQs is when answering questions from users:
giving a link to the relevant FAQ page.

Many of the FAQs would benefit from people improving the English and,
where necessary, replacing the French screen captures with the
equivalent English ones.

Many of you on this list have expressed interest in helping the user
documentation effort by proofreading. Working on the FAQs would be a
great way to contribute, and has the advantage that they are "bite
sized" and thus can be done when you have a few minutes to spare.

And if, while doing that, you spot something particularly interesting
(for example, the sort of thing that makes you say, "Oh, I didn't know
you could do *that* using LibreOffice!"), then bring it to our
attention on the list and we'll see about writing a blog post on the
topic.

--Jean