leah wrote:
I'm trying to uninstall 4.1 from a Windows Vista OS using the Windows
uninstaller.

It works for a while, then gives an error message saying I am not logged in
as an administrator.

I am logged in as an administrator of my computer. I don't remember
LibreOffice asking me to become an admin of it. What the heck is it talking
about?

Did you get a UAC (User Account Control) prompt asking to use elevated privileges? If not, try right-clicking the uninstaller and selecting "Run as Administrator", and confirm the resulting UAC prompt.

On Vista onwards, even when you're "logged in as an administrator" most programs still run with restricted privileges; you have to explicitly allow them to "elevate" to use administrative privileges. The difference between restricted user and administrator accounts is that restricted users have to enter an administrator's password, while administrators can just click "yes" to allow elevation. Most recent software will make this request when it needs to, so you don't need to right-click and tell it to run as administrator, but worth a try if for some reason it's not asking.

I hope that helps.

Mark.