I am having a strange problem with a locked docx file. The file opens, it does not appear to be using LO's read only mode, but when I try to edit a file, for example when I delete some text, it simply inserts a strikethrough and changes the text colour. I can see all the last editor's corrections in a similar manner.

I tried using the "edit document" button, turning off read only mode in file-->properties and tools-->options-->security, and saving as .odt. No luck. I managed to rescue the content by copying and pasting into a new odt... and strangely all the last editors changes were implemented/hidden rather than being shown with a strikethrough, but this meant that some of the comments attached to deleted text were also removed.

Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks.