Hi :)
I am not sure we should be helping people bypass security but since most security is so desperately
weak these days it's questionable whether "protecting" things really counts as security.

Most security only seems to be a barrier to polite people that should be able to modify the thing
and so it becomes just a way of decreasing productivity.  "Attackers" or even just cheeky people
curious to see if they can get in are likely to be able to find some way in regardless of how well
protected a thing is.

File or drive encryption is a case in point.  Lose the password and no-one can get in.  If the
drive hiccups slightly the password might not work anymore.  Hence tons of valuable data gets lost
each year.  Also even while it is working fine it takes the average legit far longer to find the
password than it would take for a cheeky curious person to find it through phishing.

Does anyone out there believe their password is safe because they cleverly choose "password",
"password1" or "qwerty"?  How about numbers of people who think they are being clever by writing
their password under their keyboard rather than just on a post-it note on their screen, or top
unlocked drawer of their desk.

Any security reduces productivity but also fails to be really secure anyway because users are
morons, and i am including myself in that as not all my passwords are particularly clever.

Regards from

Tom :)