Hi :)
Zotero seems to make the whole thing a lot more flexible and easier to get working the more
sensible ways.  If you look through the mailing lists archives then you see pretty much all
questions about end-notes are magically resolved when the person started using Zotero.

Even though i have never used it and don't need end-notes in the types of documents i produce an
barely remember it's name until someone else mentions it i still really recommend giving it a go
asap.
Regards from
Tom:)