Hi :)
Did you ever solve this problem really?

I've just been going through old emails and wondered if it was something to do with the zoom?  Of
course most weird things that shouldn't happen and didn't happen previously can be solved by just
renaming the User Profile but as you said you really shouldn't have to do anything like that just
from opening 1 document!
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile

Regards from
Tom :)