I have a report built in a standard LO Base file.  It uses a query that
combines two tables in my film library database—one table is the detail of
the films, the other is for the “box sets”.  Both tables have a cost field
that I want to accumulate in subtotals and the report total.

I have the report subtotaled by box set.  My problem is with the BoxSetCost
from the BoxSet table.  I can get the subtotals by box set to work, but the
report total will not.  It accumulates the BoxSetCost for each film in the
set, not once for the set.

Here are a couple of things that I have tried:
I tried setting up the BoxSet.BoxSetCost subtotal as a user-defined
function, then accumulating that function in the report total.  The report
total field produces an error when the report is run.

I have tried to set up a text box in the Report Total section that was
based on a separate query to simply add up the BoxSetCost field of the
BoxSet table.  Apparently that is not possible.

 So, here is some sample data and the results I am working toward.

For raw data like this from the query driving the report:

Film            BoxSet                  FilmCost                BoxSetCost
1               A                       2.00                    0.00
2               B                       0.00                    3.00
3               B                       0.00                    3.00

The report total section should show Total FilmCost of 2.00 and Total
BoxSetCost of 3.00.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?