Hi Virgil

You have observed correctly. I have just done a test of installing two version of AOO under Windows 7, and quite correctly, it installs it's own local cache/store of settings, per version, thus allowing two copies to work side by side, as long as you create two distinct install folders (by default I never allow any installing program's defaults in Windows 7, many known issues with virtual links to folders etc). And correct in your observation, as well as my earlier supplied info, LO does not do this, rather opting for a single user settings store, detecting another install of LO, and uninstalling it, before installing the upgrade (or possible downgrade). But this is not a bad thing though, as covered by other respondees.

The link I supplied in my earlier email shows one how to overcome this issue of LO and a universal store, allowing for two versions simultaneous and operational on Windows 7.

Regards

Andrew