Hi :)
I think it is a legitmate concern especially if you only have one machine to look after and
therefore can't afford to do any experimentation with using different antivirus programs.

I was hoping that the chap would download the Windows version on a Gnu&Linux box and then run an
antivirus scan using something other than Avira.  He did kindly re-download but then scanned with
Avira again.

I've finally got around to sitting at an Xp machine and downloaded LibreOffice 4.04.  The Xp
machine here is running "Microsoft Security Essentials" and "Avg".  Neither complained about the LO
downloads.

In Firefox it did give me the bar at the top, saying "Firefox prevented this page from
automatically redirecting to another page".  The download didn't start straight away so i clicked
on the link, inside the page, that said "If your download does not start automatically, please
click here".  Then i tried the page again and this time when the bar appeared in clicked on the
"Allow" button to allow the page to automatically redirect to another page.  This way around the
download also started.

I guess i should really download Avira and try the whole thing again to see if Avira complains on
that Xp machine.

If you don't trust your antivirus then why use it?  You really have to take notice if it grumbles
about something otherwise what is the point in having it?  All antivirus programs have problems
with false-positives but when the program grumbles you have to consider that it really might have
found something.  I typically try to run 2 antivirus programs on Windows but i would be stuck if
one grumbled and the other didn't.  Which one would i trust?  Of course having any active program
running all the time in the background is going to impact on performance and having 2 (that also
might conflict with each other) is going to hurt even more.  [shrugs]  But then if people cared
about the speed of  their machine they wouldn't be using Windows in the first place.
Regards from
Tom :)