Thanks to all that responded. The semi-correct answer was provided to me privately. I'll respect that privacy by not posting his name, however here are his instructions - with my addition. This works, someone needs to update the help file, wiki, etc. etc. to start. In addition, it would be really really nice if someone fixed this Rube Goldberg-like procedure as this is horrible and painful to have to go through all of this just to convert & view/edit a document as HTML.

o If they are text documents, you first need to use Save As... within LibreOffice to save copies as "HTML Document" - probably with an .htm or .html extension.

It's actually a .DOC file in my case. The help file does mention saving the file this way, which I did.

o Now close the document and reopen it. If I open it using File | Recent Documents, I get the wrong result: it opens as a text document. So I need to use File | Open... or to right-click the file outside LibreOffice and use Open With > | sweb. I think the window header should say "LibreOffice Writer/Web", not "LibreOffice Writer".

The above is the missing step. However, there is STILL ANOTHER missing step! Once I EXIT LibreOffice and right click in the file folder, and use "Open With", I have to also click on "Choose Program" followed by "Browse", and then find sweb.exe in my Programs folder. Only after doing that does "LibreOffice Writer (Web)" show up in the context menu.

o Now you can go to View | HTML Source or click the HTML Source button in the Standard toolbar. o Edit the HTML source.

Yes, with the missing step this works.

Someone PLEASE update the various sources of documentation and ideally FIX the program so one can simply SAVE AS (or perhaps - CONVERT/EXPORT TO HTML) and then have it accessible in a simple manner without all these contortions. This really needs to be a one maybe two click operation. 1) CONVERT TO HTML 2) VIEW AS HTML? (yes, a question presented to the user as there's a good chance if I just converted it, I want to view it, however that may not always be the case. I might just want to convert and be done with it, hence the question.)

Thank you to all that responded.