Hi :)
Macros need to be translated into a less vulnerable language.

I think the version of Basic used in LibreOffice/OpenOffice is fairly similar and you might even
get a few people helping you here if you can post the code to the list.  They might even help
smooth out some rough spots to make it more elegant and faster.  I usually point people to the devs
list for such help but we seem to have a lot of people on this list with some impressive skills in
macro programming.

I think it might be better to translate the code all the way into Python or something to help
migrate it into being an Add-on/Extension/Plugin that could be added to LibreOffice as a whole
rather than being embedded in individual documents.  However it's probably easier just to get it
into Basic.

Note that MS macros have been the cause of malware problems so often that all macros often get
stripped out of documents.  Even when left in the user is given a warning message.  Some of the
malware scares over the decades have even been reported in the mainstream press.  After updates we
are assured that they have made it really safe this time, and then another scare happens.
OpenOffice/LibreOffice macros have not caused such problems.

So, is there any chance of posting the code into an email to this mailing list?
Regards from
Tom :)