I do not know about that printer anymore. It has been a while since I had a "laser 4". But, my HP 2300dn has 48 MG of memory and sometimes the graphics/document gives me and "not enough memory" type of error. Do you have the ability to add more memory?

You are printing envelopes, right?

Are you using the
Format > Page > Paper - Format > DL envelope

and then deal with it from there?

I would format the page to the envelope I wanted instead of doing it on the printer side of the process.

Also, there may be something in your profile that might be causing some issues with the printer. This has happened to be from time to time with LO and the OOo before that.

I use Ubuntu 12.04 with MATE desktop environment.
printers - in use:  HP Laserjet 2300dn, HP inkjet 7000, Canon MG6220
printers "on the shelf" - Epson Artisan 810, several HP inkjets, plus 2 DELL inkjets.
use to have HP 2600 color laser and a HP Laser 4 plus[?] but are dead now.
so I have a bit of experience with printers.