Hi :)
1st thing worth knowing is that uninstall-reinstall does  not get back to factory defaults and
seldom fixes problems.  it does fix things sometimes but not very often.  Programs upgrade so often
now that finding all your settings and configurations have been wiped just due to a reinstall would
be a major pain.  So instead, programs are starting to use a User Profile to keep such things safe.
 Renaming your User Profile is often a good way to "get back to factory defaults"
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile

2nd is that LibreOffice develops so fast that it's often a good idea to install a more recent
version than whatever you get given by default in most OSes.  It's one of the few programs that is
best to download from "upstream" and install that rather than just use your package manager to get
whatever 'old' version they happen to have in their repos.

3rd is that probably the easiest way to fix this problem is to use the command-line  to uninstall
all LibreOffice components and then just use the package-manager to reinstall whichever is in the
repos (sorry, i know that contradicts 2.)  So, can you get to a command-line and try this command

sudo apt-get autoremove libreoffice*

you might also need to try

sudo apt-get autoremove libreoffice*.*

Errr, when people give advice on mailing list and in forums it's generally easier for them to show
commands than to run through a series of open this and click that and in the pop-up click this tab
and that button.  Different distros look very different on the surface and people configure things
differently or use different packages but on the command-line the same commands work the same way
or else only need a tiny but obvious tweaks to work across all versions of Gnu&Linux.

However, it's a good idea to be wary of following advice too quickly without checking it yourself
first.  Generally in forums and mailing lists other people will respond fairly quickly if they see
bad advice to warn you off doing it but sometimes that might arrive too late.  You can check what
commands do, or at least get a "quick cheat-sheet" about a command just by adding the tag "--help"
or "-h" (the "-h" is the older version and is being gradually replaced by "--help" but there are
still quite a few programs that still use "-h").  Luckily if you use the 'wrong' one you still get
the same quick cheat-sheet.  So, you can check my suggestions by trying this on the command-line

sudo --help

another neat trick on the command-line is that if you press the keyboard's up-arrow then the last
command you typed re-appears and you can edit that.  That works even if you have just rebooted your
computer or shut it down fully and then switched it on.  You can go back quite a long way that way.
 In this case you might try pressing it just once and edit the command to say

sudo apt-get --help

Now you can probably see why i suggest "autoremove" rather than the "purge" that often gets
suggested.

Finally, you can go back to your package manager and reinstall whichever version happens to be in
the distros repositories.

4th The best way, but probably not the easiest, to fix the problem is to download a more recent
version from "upstream" at the LibreOffice website and follow these instructions (except use
"autoremove" instead of "purge" ;)  )
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux/

The download is here
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/