Maybe that port of Apache's AOO package should state very clearly that it is not an official port from Apache, but a third party port.

Also using the "standard" abbreviation of "AOO" can be an issue. Maybe "AnOO" would work.

Still, the issues I had with the package has stopped me from using it. As I stated originally, after 5 minutes, or so, I still was not able to do any typing, or anything else on the tablet. How long does a person need to wait after the "loading splash screen" to get to use the app?

I have a NOOK HD+
1.5 GHz OMAP4470 dual core processor
16 GB internal storage [1/5 used]
32 GB microSD card.
[I do not know what the actual RAM number is.]

So this tablet is not a low end one, according to the device specs. Taking 5 minutes, or more, to load is a real big issue for me.

AndrOpenOffice (AOO) is not an Apache OpenOffice project.  If it were it would be on the Apache
OpenOffice SVN, the bugzilla, there'd be release votes, etc.  There is no indication that
AndrOpenOffice is even open source, although there is apparently significant (non-GPL) open source
content.  You'll also notice that it does not appear to use any of the Apache OpenOffice trademarks
or logos, at least not on the Google Play site.

Nothing wrong with it being a port. It just isn't being conducted by the Apache OpenOffice project.

There are disclaimers about "full features of ... " deeper in the material.

I guess we don't get to use AOO as a handy abbreviation for Apache OpenOffice any longer [;<).

  - Dennis