On 6/10/13 11:05 AM, wyattbiker wrote:
Just as a suggestion.

LibreOffice should convert to using normal forums. Lists confuse people and
dont want to get every single post.

Lists confuse the folks who've never learned how to use them. I use the gmane interface and read the lists as if the list was a newsgroup. That's my preferred way.

LO offers the lists, gmane for newsgroup software, and forums via the Nabble interface.

If you were at the LO Home page, and clicked on Get Help, you would have been sent here:

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/

That lists all the help options available.

Scroll down to the Nabble entry, and you end up here:

This is a forum style interface for the mailing lists.

IMO, LO gives the user far more options for finding a preferred method of obtaining help than any other place I've been. And the same for printed documentation.

FWIW, having used all three, lists, newsgroups, and forums, IMO forums are by far the most poorly organized method unless they offer a threaded view as the Nabble interface can do.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.8.4
Firefox 20.0