On 30 May 2013 08:54, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)
Cool :)  I like the hierarchy view and hadn't known about it before.  It
took me a bit of faffing around to find it.  Eventually noticed i had to
scroll upwards in the drop-down list.  It's not intuitive to scroll upwards
like that but it does make sense and once you know it's possible you start
to find it in other areas in LO and other programs.  It beats MS's
bubble-sort and exceptions list (imo) in their fonts menu because after you
know it then it's easier to understand quickly and easier to use.

I hope that helps the op too!
Thanks and regards from
Tom :)

I solved the problem by installing the debianized version of libreoffice,
and then installing everything that relates to spelling, and the
spell-checking now works . Thanks for all the ideas.

Sharon.