Hello list

I am attempting to edit a document using (track) changes. I have selected "record" and "show" changes under Edit and under Options -> LibreOffice Writer -> Changes have selected that the text display is light red, as are all deletions, attributes, etc. However, when editing a document, the changes continue to be in the original text colour (i.e. black) although a red line appears in the left hand margin where a change was made (which is what I want). What I also want, but which isn't happening, is for the changed/ edited text is not red.

So, while a mark in the margin shows that text has been changed, I also want to ensure that the (changed) text is also red. How do I go about doing this?

Also, BTW: what purpose is there in recording changes but not showing them, which the Edit -> Changes menu allows for? Wouldn't it be more straight forward to simply enable changes that will - by default - both record and show the changes?

Thanks for any help. This is in LibO 4.0.3.3 on GNU/Linux Mint.

Cheers