Hi :)
The link took me to a web-page that looked like a downloads page or possibly a giant advert.  I
couldn't see the Pdf at all.

In general i would use Gimp or other photo/image editor to crop parts of a Pdf but then i have
difficulty saving back into Pdf so i save as a Png or Jpg or some other proper image format.  If i
needed that as a Pdf i would pull that image into Draw or Writer and "Export to Pdf".  However each
conversion usually results in a slight degrading in image quality so i usually skip the last step
and just use the Png.

However, with maps you might be running into copyright issues.  Google maps and Bing maps are not
allowed to be used without seeking consent and following certain restrictions.  It might be better
to generate your own map using "Open Street Maps"
http://www.openstreetmap.org/

I really like the way Open Street Map renders as you zoom in.  It looks a lot smoother than google
or bing maps.  Of course with google maps you have the advantage of being able to zoom right into
photos of the street so you can see how it might look if you were really there.  Moving down one
street i had an odd experience of seeing myself walking towards me (at least i think it was me) and
on another the building on the end suddenly jumped backwards in time to show all the scaffolding
and stuff back when it was being built.
Regards from
Tom :)